[StBernard] Decentralized Arts Grants Announced for St. Bernard Parish

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 8 08:32:18 EDT 2010

Decentralized Arts Grants Announced for St. Bernard Parish

The St. Tammany Commission on Cultural Affairs, administrator of Louisiana
Decentralized Arts Funding Program for St. Tammany and St. Bernard Parishes,
announces the following grant awards:

St. Bernard Parish Public Library - Library Performance Programs
$5,000

St. Bernard Parish Government - Art in April Festival
$5,000

C. F. Rowley Alternative School - "Cultural Crossroads" Program
$5,000

Joseph J. Davies Elementary School - After-school Dance Program
$5,000

The purpose of the Decentralized Arts grant program is to provide funding
for arts and cultural projects in every parish of the state. Applicants
compete only with other organizations in their parish and decisions are made
locally by a diverse review panel comprised of members of the local
community. The Decentralized Arts Funding Program is funded by the State of
Louisiana, Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism, Division of the
Arts.

"The Decentralized Arts Fund grant program has allowed many in our arts and
educational community to benefit by funding through this program which has
installed life to our neighborhoods and an appreciation of the arts," said
St. Bernard Parish President Craig Taffaro. "As St. Bernard Parish
continues to recover, it is my administration's commitment, that with
continued funding, we will strive to provide economic progress through
cultural activities thereby supporting Louisiana's cultural economy."

Guidelines for next year's Decentralized Arts Grants program will be
available in March 2011, and the Commission on Cultural Affairs will conduct
informational workshops to assist applicants. For more information, call
985-898-3011 or visit www.stpgov.org/arts <http://www.stpgov.org/arts> .

###