[StBernard] Doublespeak

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Sep 8 08:42:00 EDT 2010

It seems there has been a bit of confusion about whether Charlie Melancon did, in fact, use your taxpayer dollars to pay for a luxury SUV to cart himself around Washington, D.C.

Let me take a moment to clear up any confusion.

The facts are that he did use taxpayer funds for his SUV and even the New York Times <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=qvL2LeMTLeKWLnI&s=jkIVJ6OMJgKUJbMUIrF&m=8qKOJYMtFeJPL5J> reported him doing so. But when asked by local media, Melancon first denied that he used taxpayer money and then only after further pressing he finally admitted to doing so.

You can watch my ad highlighting Charlie Melancon's misleading statements about his luxury SUV by following this link. <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=jeJOITNrF7JJJ3K&s=jkIVJ6OMJgKUJbMUIrF&m=8qKOJYMtFeJPL5J>

Now, more than ever, Louisianians want their representatives in Washington to put the state's interests first. I've fought to ensure that Congress doesn't give itself an automatic pay raise and that if Congress created a public option in Obamacare that members of Congress would have to enroll themselves in it as well.

That's the type of leadership that I believe Louisianians are looking for.

Sincerely,

David Vitter