[StBernard] Debates, Two More on the Books

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 11 08:29:28 EDT 2010

As you know, there are real clear differences between me and my opponent Charlie Melancon. These differences have been made even clearer this week in two recent debates we had.

On Tuesday night, I was honored to receive the endorsement of the Alliance for Good Government after their debate. This is a highly sought-after endorsement and I'm humbled to have received their endorsement in 1999, 2000, 2002, 2004 and again this year.

On Wednesday night, the Crowley Chamber of Commerce hosted a debate at the Grand Opera House of the South in Crowley.

Watch a short video of the news coverage from the debate. <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=otK0JdPSLhISLgK&s=jkJVI6ORJmJ1LbMLLoE&m=emI0KoP3LkJ4JuL>

During these two debates it was made clear that Charlie Melancon supports the big-government, big-spending policies of the Obama administration and when asked to grade the president, he gave Obama an "A".

On spending and debt, I opposed the Wall Street bailouts, the failed stimulus and the Obama budget that triples the national debt. Melancon voted for and supports all of those. On repeal of Obamacare, I authored the leading bill to repeal it, Melancon opposes repealing Obamacare. The list goes on and on.

In August, we squared off at the Louisiana Municipal Association's conference and next week I agreed to another debate hosted by the Red River Tea Party. Melancon has out-right rejected a debate hosted by any Tea Party organization in Louisiana even though the majority of likely Louisiana voters think the tea party movement is good for the country.

Melancon is yet to accept that debate, and I believe he should apologize to the large number of tea party members and voters in Louisiana for comparing them to the fringe, far-left activist group Moveon.org. <http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=rwL6KmM4KkLZJqJ&s=jkJVI6ORJmJ1LbMLLoE&m=emI0KoP3LkJ4JuL>

Wendy and I appreciate your continued support and we look forward to continue fighting for Louisiana families.

Sincerely,

David Vitter