[StBernard] Huge Job Win For LA

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 17 08:12:08 EDT 2010

Nucor's plant in St James Parish is a big job win for the area, particularly
if all the $75,000 a year jobs materialize. Comments received by the DEQ for
the permit included objections towards the way the plant is being permitted
in piecemeal, or fragmenting, which is illegal. When you piecemeal the
permits, you can keep the project just under the thresholds for required
pollution controls, such as MACT or BACT. That is very disappointing.