[StBernard] Chairman Frank Statement on President Obama's Appointment of Elizabeth Warren

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 17 16:25:18 EDT 2010

September 17, 2010

Chairman Frank Statement on President Obama's Appointment of Elizabeth
Warren

WASHINGTON, D.C. - House Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank
(D-MA) issued the following statement on President Obama's decision to
appoint Elizabeth Warren as Assistant to the President:

"I would like to offer three congratulations. First, I would like to
congratulate the President for making this great appointment. Second, I
offer my congratulations to Elizabeth Warren, both for the work that she did
to create the agency and for the fact that she will now have the opportunity
to make it function as it was intended. And third, I would like to
congratulate American consumers, because nothing could be better news for
them in terms of being protected in financial matters like home mortgages,
bank accounts, and credit cards.

"I am very proud of the work the Financial Services Committee did in order
to bring about the creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Democrats created this agency over the strenuous objections of many
entrenched special interests and nearly the entire Republican Party in
Congress.

"I am very pleased that the President agreed with those of us who pushed
hard for Elizabeth Warren to be appointed. I look forward to working with
her in her new position and to making sure that American consumers get the
full benefit of the law we recently passed."

###