[StBernard] Two vie for St. Bernard Parish seat on Louisiana 4thCircuit Appeal Court

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Sep 19 13:13:08 EDT 2010

Here is the theme Ms. Juneau should go with:

"Our court system is being taken over by activist judges who ignore law and
legislate from the bench. It is time to elect conservative, non-political
judges who will simply interpret the laws written by our legislature and
render decisions not based on a political agenda. This will better serve
all of the people."

This message plays not only on the federal judiciary level but on the
state's as well. That is because for the past 20 years the Louisiana Trial
Lawyers Association has made a concerted effort to elect acknowledged
"liberal" judges and they have been succeeding. This theme could only help
Ms. Juneau.

I am curious to know which candidate is receiving the most contributions
from other lawyers who are members of the LTLA. That should tell you
something.