[StBernard] Governor on Potential Mid Year Budger Cuts for 2010-2011

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 13 19:52:06 EDT 2010

Declining State revenues are forcing Governor Jindal's Administration to cut
spending by up to $350 Million in the next 30 days for the current fiscal
year, which ends June 30, 2011.

This means that our Required Services program could be cut by Superintendent
of Education Paul Pastorek and/or Commissioner of Administration Paul
Rainwater.

We are only being funded at 54% of what the state is supposed to be paying
us for the box loads of data they require we collect, tabulate, and enter
into their system. We spend $26.3 Million to do this, they only reimburse us
$14.3 Million.

Please contact the Governor's Office via Voter Voice to let Governor Jindal
know that this Underfunded State Mandate should not be cut.

Click the link below to take action on this issue:
http://www.votervoice.net/link/forward/cec/z2PKiM.aspx
<http://www.votervoice.net/link/forward/cec/z2PKiM.aspx>