[StBernard] Business and Professional Women

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 13 20:51:12 EDT 2010

Someday it will be noted that awards should not be limited to politicians.
Many are already rewarded.

What makes a grand hero and recipient are the other 99% of the populace--the
common business man or woman who doesn't seek the praise, helping share
one's life and away from politics and award/grandeur. Just look around at
the service organizations--they're filled with humanity-improving people of
business and community civil heroes.

One famous example is Mother Theresa. Although no one is likened to Mother
Theresa in any comparison, working that goal is truly a blessing where
awards are built up for one in Heaven and not praised on Earth. Likewise,
awarding the "awarded already" is "overkill" to the community.

It is one who shares a lifetime, of not seeking recognition, not wanting
more popularity or stepping stone to furthering careers, never wanting to
stand out among peers when simultaneously, it is so true many are and
continue to suffer.

These are the few, should be the chosen, and we're sure if one looks around
just briefly, can come up with a great patriot of humankind and community in
awards, --the common man, the common woman who gives of oneself, but never
expects rewards.

Taffaro and Hutter--two citizens who are joining many who climb the latter
of success. Aren't 50 awards a year a little bit much? I'd rather see that
one chosen person get his/her only award, than see another example of
someone to fill a warehouse.

Have our heroes stopped being self-giving? Was it that difficult to find
someone in the community who has worked 100 times as hard and the "forgotten
heroes" remain as such?

Next year, perhaps da Parish should accept nominees, avoid the cliques, and
seek (and we're sure) easily find recipients who are most noble and
deserving, because I personally, cry deeply when someone gets an honor,
admired by his/her peers and humbled immensely solely on the idea that
someone thought of them when it wasn't necessary but blessed that they were
appreciated.

Seems, all of us let a good one go, because the party held in honor gives
the impression that it was more successful if they are well-known over
someone who has either been forgotten or never honored because they have a
family-given name no one expected to win this "prestigious" award.

Sad. Can we expect a "big-name" again in honor of the 50th anniversary next
season?

*-Jer-*