[StBernard] More Value For Higher Education

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Oct 22 20:41:46 EDT 2010

anyone planning to attend LSU or another state university, with or without
TOPS scholarship, should pay attention to what Jindal is doing with higher
education. if it continues, students will be in very over crowded
classrooms, while others enrolled in certain programs will have to transfer
from one state university to another. our best and brightest will continue
to exit the state for better opportunity.

there is a need to adjust budgets (the article about Pennington Medical is
an example). what's disappointing to me is Jindal just slashed the budgets
without a plan---- although he did give a year or two notice.