[StBernard] Lt. Governor's Race

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Oct 25 07:50:23 EDT 2010

And I too, reply that "memory" is always not the FIRST thing to go when one
gets old. Mary and the Louisiana Purchase.

--jer--

Jer,

I wonder how many people remember this is precisely how Mary Landrieu won
her senate election back in 2002. It was learned that tens of thousaands of
minority voters (all black with few exceptions) had become registered voters
in Louisiana only within "weeks" of the election's registration deadline.
And these "new" Louisiana voters had dozens (note the plurization) of voters
at the same address, typically a 1-bedroom apartment in New Orleans. Some
of the addresses were even run down properties....go figure. And if you
further recall, Mary barely won the election - and many election analyst
said the her margin of victory was "well within" the number of these recent
"new" registered voters. This prompted the Louisiana legislaure the
following year to pass tougher voter fraud laws.

I haven't forgotten.

Sounds like this girl would support going back to the old ways of
encouraging voter fraud.