[StBernard] Hospital tax passes in St. Bernard Parish

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Nov 4 22:52:09 EDT 2010

You are correct. Just wasn't thinking along those line of it.

>How much has St. Bernard's sales tax collections dropped

>with the economy and with the BP oil spill?

Or...how much did collections increase? Those BP folks, contractors, etc.
bought a whole lot of "stuff" didn't they?
Maybe collections rose.

>but it requires a high-caliber administrator and not someone getting a

>political payback position.

Agreed. However, I was doing a little searching on "Hospital Service
Districts" in Louisiana and
it seems they are all political entities. In fact, isn't there one in
Terrebonne parish for
Terrebonne General Hospital?

http://www.tgmc.com/About/default.aspx

Let's hope that once it is built and the Franciscans are managing it, the
politicians will
keep their noses out.

JY