[StBernard] Hospital Tax

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Nov 5 19:44:49 EDT 2010

The idea was that with a community hospital they would be able to get higher
rates of reimbursement or something like that.

When all the meetings were held did you go and voice your opinion on this?

Back when Junior was in office and a meeting was held with Universal Health
Services and they wanted to rebuild CMC
were you one of the ones who told them to get out and stay out? If so,
there went your private hospital.

JY

Maybe I don't know all the information I need to know concerning the
hospital but the simple question is why does this government feel
the need
to own and run a hospital. Why would we want to build a Doctors
office bldg.
What happened to private enterprise in all this. As I remember
Ochsner
hospital wanted to at no charge to St Bernard provide us with a
hospital 5
years ago, might not have been the size we wanted but would have
been the
size we needed at the time and would have been expandable. And I'm
sure with
a brand new hospital we could have attracted private enterprises to
build an
office building for doctors. The only problem with Ochsner is they
don't
contract Doctors, doctors would have to work for Ochsner, OH NO
there goes
Bertucci, Thien, Verret etc. who, if they wanted to stay on would
have to
work for Ochsner not themselves. And probably would not have a hand
in
running the place.

My opinion is this, if the leaders of this parish was concerned with
the
residents health and not who would control or work for the hospital
we would
have fought hard to attract a private organization to build a
hospital here
and not put the burden of cost on the tax payers of this wonderful
parish.
After this hospital starts up and starts making money are we going
to get
our taxes back. This hospital will still have its limits, you will
still
have to go to a larger hospital for major services. We should not
even be
discussing additional revenue to upstart a hospital. We should not
even be
to this point. It's all about who is going to get a piece of the
pie.

Please Leaders of this great community, EDUCATE ME.

Warren