[StBernard] A Christmas Prayer From Autom

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Dec 22 09:21:55 EST 2010

A Christmas Prayer Poem from Autom
Christmas

"Behold, the virgin shall be with child
and bear a son,
and they shall name him Emmanuel,"

Matthew 1:23

Heaven was a lonely place that Christmas,
When out of love for us God sent His Son.
The angels did their best to make Him happy,
As silently they prayed, "Thy Will be done."

The joy that beams throughout celestial mansions,
The peace that passes understanding, too,
Had descended from the realms of glory,
To be born at Bethlehem for me and you.

Ironically enough, we almost missed Him;
Thank God for the stable warm that night.
The best we could give Him was a manger,
While in return He brought us heaven's light.

And so the years have brought us to this moment,
When once again around His crib we bow,
Searching for that love and joy we've longed for,
And dreamed of, and awaited, until now.

O Little Child, sleeping here so soundly,
"Do not leave us," fervently we pray!
Help us open up our hearts to find You;
Be born in us again this Christmas Day.

On behalf of our Autom family we wish you a Blessed Christmas!