[StBernard] New Louisiana Jobs

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Feb 12 11:07:29 EST 2011

Dear Friends -

We again had the opportunity to announce more great news for Louisiana's
economy on Tuesday, when we joined Bradken Engineered Products to announce
their plans to expand their Amite facility. This expansion will create 171
new direct jobs, 223 new indirect jobs, and include a capital investment of
over $18 million.

As I told the Baton Rouge Advocate
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c7587%7c9390&digest=u4
0EU41jaMwwtH9O8lK1uQ&sysid=1> , this large expansion may allow the company
to begin two shifts per day-meaning more jobs and more productivity for our
state. Creating new jobs and expanding existing Louisiana businesses is a
critical component of our continued goal to Build a Better Louisiana for our
Children.

As the Monroe News-Star
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c7588%7c9390&digest=f4
4Bckojqt2XpC%2bNQxq7pA&sysid=1> reported, we also had the privilege of
honoring 207 veterans with the Louisiana Veterans' Honor Medal in Monroe
this week. I had two simple, but important words to deliver to those
heroes: thank you. Our veterans are the real heroes in our country, and our
prayers go out to them every day, as we celebrate their service and
sacrifice to protect the freedoms we enjoy in the United States of America.

Sincerely,

Governor Bobby Jindal