[StBernard] Housing tussle in St. Bernard continues

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Mar 8 13:58:59 EST 2011

Jer Responds; I would bet that Leander Perez wouldn't have put up with this
nonsense. He would probably say, "I don't want any of New Orleans trash
blowing on my lawn!!" <G>

Perry wrote: " wrongheaded step by the Parish to limit housing opportunities
for people of color. We will continue to advocate in court and through HUD's
processes until there is fair housing choice in St. Bernard Parish."

Jer Responds: Firstly, black is not a color, it's the absence of it! Now
what has happened? Have they run out of land plots in New Orleans to build
their ghettos? That's why the south fought and died in the first place
during the civil war: To keep sovereignty and states' rights without
interference from the federal government.

Perry wrote: "U.S. Agency for Housing and Urban Development, HUD, is
considering withdrawing hurricane recovery funds from the parish as a result
of this situation."

Jer Responds: Yep, that's why government intrusion into majority lives are
bringing people in the south over to conservatism in huge numbers. The
minorities and their saviors (God isn't one of them), have this mentality:

"If we come over to your watering hole and we can't drink, we'll poison the
water so that you won't be able to do so either!!"

I believe that if you throw enough s&&& against the wall, some of it would
stick. And, building HUD homes, high-density ghettoes and other high-rise
apartments (over ground level) will lead to criminal activity even beyond
Village Square. This time it won't be isolated to any particular area, but
everywhere that dope, crime and disgrace can be accepted. I believe that
the domino effect is going to spot the landscape in St. Bernard with
low-income housing (as New Orleans before the storm had more rental property
than home-ownership). Word gets out fast and once each complex is filled to
overcapacity, it will encourage greedy slum-lords to fill up the rest of da
parish with more. Because, "cancer" never stops on its own once it gets
started.

Someone once said, "build the ghettoes and they will come".

I got that right!

--jer--