[StBernard] Army Corps of Engineers lets us down again and again!

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Mar 8 14:05:38 EST 2011

Our wetlands require a necessary buffer zone from development. The Army
Corps of Engineers came out with "Boots on the Ground" and marked the
perimeter of our wetlands at the Meraux Foundation/Provident Realty
construction site along with the necessary 25 ft. buffer zone. A few days
later the Army Corps of Engineers came back out and moved the wetlands flags
but did not include a buffer zone so the developer (Provident Realty) could
continue building the high density apartment complexes.

http://www.watershed-assistance.net/resources/files/SEWF_WetlandFactsheet_We
tlandBuffer
<http://www.watershed-assistance.net/resources/files/SEWF_WetlandFactsheet_W
etlandBuffer.pdf>

St. Bernard Parish N.O.W website has just added more photo galleries and
information concerning the high density apartment complexes in St. Bernard
Parish.

http://st-bernard-parish-now.smugmug.com/