[StBernard] You better be sitting down when you read this ! it's about oil

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 11 21:48:38 EST 2011

Yes, they get the shale oil by frakking. There have been some concerns
about the frakking process and what
chemicals are used and whether it's getting into ground water.

http://tinyurl.com/4j6cmxp

Not taking sides either way, but I don't think I'd want BP working on it!
;-)

JY

Here's an astonishing read. Important and verifiable information:
WHY CAN'T
WE DRILL??????

About 6 months ago, the writer was watching a news program on oil
and one of
the Forbes Bros. was the guest. The host said to Forbes, "I am going
to ask
you a direct question and I would like a direct answer; how much oil
does
the U.S. have in the ground?" Forbes did not miss a beat, he said,
"more
than all the

Middle East put together." Please read below.

The U. S. Geological Service issued a report in April 2008 that

only scientists and oil men knew was coming, but man was it big. It
was a
revised report (hadn't been updated since 1995) on how much oil was
in this
area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota, western South Dakota, and
extreme
eastern Montana ... check THIS out:

The Bakken is the largest domestic oil discovery since Alaska's

Prudhoe Bay, and has the potential to eliminate all American
dependence on
foreign oil. The Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates
it at 503
billion barrels. Even if just 10% of the oil is recoverable... at
$107 a
barrel, we're looking at

a resource base worth more than $5...3 trillion.

"When I first briefed legislators on this, you could practically

see their jaws hit the floor. They had no idea.." says Terry
Johnson, the
Montana Legislature's financial analyst.

"This sizable find is now the highest-producing onshore oil field
found in
the past 56 years," reports The Pittsburgh Post Gazette. It's a
formation
known as the Williston Basin, but is more commonly referred to as
the
'Bakken.' It stretches from Northern Montana, through North Dakota
and into
Canada. For years, U. S. oil exploration has been considered a dead
end.

Even the 'Big Oil' companies gave up searching for major oil wells
decades
ago. However, a recent technological breakthrough has opened up the
Bakken's
massive reserves..... and we now have access of up to 500 billion
barrels.
And because this is light, sweet oil, those billions of barrels will
cost
Americans just $16 PER BARREL!

That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for 2041

years straight. And if THAT didn't throw you on the floor, then
this next
one should - because it's from 2006!

U. S. Oil Discovery- Largest Reserve in the World

Stansberry Report Online - 4/20/2006

Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains lies
the
largest untapped oil reserve in the world. It is more than 2
TRILLION
barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush mandated its extraction.
In three
and a half years of high oil prices none has been extracted. With
this
motherload of oil why are we still fighting over off-shore drilling?