[StBernard] Saints Season Ticket Seat Changes

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Mar 28 07:31:53 EDT 2011

BL wrote: " of course, this is just my opinion and I could be wrong."

Jer Responds: Indeed, not, BL. You are correct in your thinking--on point!

Unions might as be "onions or bunions" because they can really stink up the
world or cause lots of pain to someone with their greed and ability to
transfer greed.

I don't care if the average playing years is 4 years or 20, I don't care if
an injury forces one from ball-playing any longer, because what I care about
is fairness to the fans who must fork out exuberant sums of money for
entertainment at the fan's expense (literally and figuratively). I guess
the same can go for movie stars and celebrity unions or league of heisters
to the public. I too am not about dismantling the American Dream, but
truly, making a good living in the entertainment field and "dicing" the
public while the celebrities smoke crack, meth, pop da pills or
"shoot-em-up" is as unreasonable and inconsiderate of those who support
their fame and/of course, they greed/habits is not being unreasonable above
what the average Joe makes.

For example, making a cool half-million for a 3 month picture should be
great for a film star, or socking away $750,000 a year as a ball player is
to me, above and beyond the call of a pay salary.

Throw in the greedy agents, lawyers and union bosses, turns most folks I
know a deep-green to a pale white when considering the cost of entertainment
these days.

To the football players, "give them and inch" and they'll take the entire
playing field is more like it.

In the real world, they should ALL be fired, and then hired by simple
standards in paying, then lower the cost of tickets and stadium prices that
most can afford, in essence, starting over. Otherwise, when will it end?
Aren't the credit cards and debts maxed out these days as it is?

Yes, I love football and entertainment. I hate anyone (from corporate
"greedies" to entertainment big-shots) who uses the public so "they can have
a good time" at the fans expense".

Of course, we no longer live in reality. We live in a pipe-dream wishing
life was better than it truly is in this matter.

--jer--

personally, I love the Saints as a team. I have been a fan since 1969.
Needless to say, I have suffered through some dismal seasons along with the
best of them, the whole while promising a brighter future for us all in:
wait till next year. Now, the reality of it all!!! I am finding it very
hard to sympathize with people who earn an average of 2 to 10 million
dollars in a six month time frame for doing what they love to do---play
football. I started working at nine years old making five dollars a week on
a hay farm. I have worked all of my life up until I was forced to medically
retire due to health reasons. The point I am getting to is: In my entire
life I have never made more than 35,000 dollars in one year of working. And
on this salary I managed to raise four kids, own at least two vehicles, a
house payment, own at least one motorcycle at a time, own a boat, and take a
vacation every year along with a couple of cruises. Sooo, what I am getting
to is this, let them all go, as in fired. Start the league all over. Have a
salary cap. Not once in my entire career have I had the nerve to approach my
boss and ask to see what he is making and then state that I want more money
or I will strike. I was a teamster for several years, and all I ever saw was
those guys taking our money for nothing. We never were actually protected
and not on grievance that I filed ever came out in my favor. of course, this
is just my opinion and I could be wrong. BL