[StBernard] New Val Riess

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Apr 17 18:51:51 EDT 2011

I also thought it was planned to include bikes because of the other bike
path planned for the top of the Mississippi River Levee from the Murphy Oil
refinery East. I thought it was proposed for that bike path plan to also
include a connection to Jacob Drive so bikers could go from the river levee
to the 40 arpent canal and then west along the 40 arpent to Val Reiss. This
part was proposed by RDC (rediscover district c). There is still about $3
million remaining from the Murphy Oil crude oil spill class action that is
in a Cy Pres fund. Maybe residents could send in a request to Judge Fallon,
asking that some of the Cy Pres funds go to making the Val Reiss path bike
friendly.