[StBernard] The Comeback

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Apr 21 22:24:54 EDT 2011

Dear Friends -

On the anniversary of the Gulf Coast oil spill, we all paused to prayerfully
remember the 11 men and women who lost their lives last year. We also
celebrated the remarkable resilience of the Louisianians along our coast who
fought to protect their way of life and build back our communities stronger
than ever.

As I told CNN
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c7772%7c9390%7c791501&
digest=FrL1qyTpTNPmzDL9Rh90Pg&sysid=1> , we continue to call on BP to
fulfill the promises they made in their advertisements to "make it right"
for Louisiana. From clean-up efforts to promises made to replant oysters
and build a saltwater hatchery - we need BP to fulfill their commitment to
restore the damage done to our natural resources.

<http://images.publicaster.com/ImageLibrary/account848/images/GrandIsle6.jpg

> We were very pleased to join Gulf Coast states damaged by the spill, along

with BP and our federal partners today to announce BP's $1 billion
commitment to restoring Gulf Coast resources destroyed last year. This
commitment is a good first step in helping to reestablish our shore and
revitalize our wildlife.

I will continue to fight for our coastal communities so we are able to fully
realize a historic comeback for Louisiana's natural resources and our
coastal economy.

I hope all of you have a very blessed Easter weekend and enjoy time with
your families.

Governor Bobby Jindal