[StBernard] Taffaro Paid Traffic Ticket With Campaign Fund

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 11 20:09:19 EDT 2011

Isn't strange how elected officials commit acts THEY KNOW are illegal and
the moment they are caught, their reaction is "oh, well I'll pay back or
make a reimbursement" - as if any consequence for committing the wrongful
act "iONLY if they get caught" and not actually committing the wrongful act.

Our legislators need to propose a state constitutional amendment (to be
approved on by the voters) that "any unethical act so found by the State
Ethics Commission where it is determined the elected official should have
clearly known the wrongful act was in fact a violation of law, shall be
immediately removed from office."

I wonder if you polled all elected officials how many would say "yes, I'll
support a proposed constitutional amendment such as that" compared to the
general public WHICH YOU KNOW will pass such an amendment if on the ballot.
Just goes to show how differently the voters and those we elect to public
office think. I wonder if any of them understand what the word "honor"
means.