[StBernard] Attorney General Opinion

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri May 20 07:49:09 EDT 2011

Interesting. In St. Bernard Parish, if not mistaken, I think we voted for a ½ cent sales tax for sanitation collection --- BUT, I could be wrong, it could be a combination of property tax and sales tax and the ½ cent sales tax I’m thinking of may be for the $50 Million bond to replace the water or sewerage treatment plant?? Anyway, there is some form of tax now towards these expenses, although it probably doesn’t cover all trash collection expenses. With the per household expense fully paid by each household or through another tax, the community would still have the cost of the parish dumpsters, including those at “the dump”, which residents use for trash other than household garbage.
Why would the Parish President request such an opinion unless this is an issue? Difficult for the public to follow these days.
----SJK