[StBernard] SDT Waste and Debris Services, LLC Acquired by IESI Corporation

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jun 2 21:58:01 EDT 2011

SDT Waste and Debris Services, LLC Acquired by IESI Corporation

Combination Expected to Enhance SDT's Growth and Service in Louisiana

Press Conference at 1:30 pm, June 2, 937 Esplanade Avenue

CHALMETTE, LOUISIANA--(Marketwire - June 2, 2011) - IESI Corporation
("IESI") and SDT Waste and Debris Services, LLC ("SDT") jointly announced
today that SDT will join IESI, a subsidiary of Progressive Waste Solutions
Ltd. ("Progressive Waste Solutions"). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

SDT will retain its name and brand and continue to operate out of its
Chalmette and Independence, Louisiana headquarters as a Progressive Waste
Solutions company. SDT President Sidney D. Torres, IV, has been retained as
a consultant and has resigned his position as president of the company. Tom
Martyn, District Manager for IESI and based in New Orleans, will oversee the
operations.

"My decision to join forces with IESI, a part of Progressive Waste
Solutions, was an easy one. Over the last five years, they have been our
strongest competitor in the State of Louisiana and they value their
employees and deliver the highest quality of service, just as SDT does. I
have every confidence that our customers will never notice the difference,"
said Mr. Torres.

Mr. Martyn commented, "We have the greatest respect for Mr. Torres and the
SDT team. SDT's success has been built on a foundation of excellent customer
service and IESI shares that commitment. From our drivers and helpers to our
customer service representatives, we take pride in serving communities
throughout Louisiana. We look forward to joining with the SDT team and
delivering seamless service together."

All SDT contracts and agreements are unaffected by the merger. SDT will
remain the municipal waste contractor for the New Orleans French Quarter and
downtown as well as the waste contractor for the parishes of Iberia, East
Feliciana, St. Bernard, St. Charles, Tangipahoa and the town of
Independence.

SDT's 250 employees were notified of the merger shortly before the
announcement today. "The number one reason that SDT expanded to 24 cities
and parishes in five years has been because of the hard work and dedication
of our employees. They paid attention to every detail on their routes,
maintained clean trucks, neat uniforms and positive attitudes," Mr. Torres
said. "IESI is in a position to continue SDT's growth and increase the level
of service that SDT currently provides to its customers."

Progressive Waste Solutions is the third largest non-hazardous solid waste
solutions provider in North America, providing services to more than four
million commercial, industrial and residential customers in twelve states
and the District of Columbia in the United States and six provinces in
Canada.

About SDT Waste and Debris Services, LLC

Established in the days following Hurricane Katrina, SDT Waste and Debris
Services, LLC now serves 24 parishes in Louisiana and is the largest
privately owned waste provider in the State of Louisiana providing curbside
pickup and debris removal services for municipal, commercial and residential
customers. Torres and SDT's success has been featured in national media
outlets such as the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Forbes and National
Public Radio. For company information call (866)45-WASTE or visit
www.sdtwds.com.

About IESI Corporation

IESI is a full service solid waste management company founded in 1995. In
Louisiana, IESI services more than 455,000 commercial, industrial and
residential customers. IESI is a subsidiary of Progressive Waste Solutions
Ltd., one of North America's largest full-service waste management
companies, providing non-hazardous solid waste collection and landfill
disposal services for commercial, industrial, municipal and residential
customers in twelve states and the District of Columbia in the U.S. and six
provinces in Canada. To find out more about Progressive Waste Solutions
Ltd., visit www.progressivewaste.com.