[StBernard] Get A Game Plan For Hurricane Season

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jun 2 22:00:49 EDT 2011

Dear Friends,

We had a another great economic development win this week when CARBO
Ceramics announced it will invest $17 million to expand their facilities in
New Iberia. This expansion will not only retain 75 existing jobs at CARBO
but will also create 40 new jobs at the company.

Our economic development agency estimates that the 40 new jobs at the
company will result in 86 new indirect jobs in the Acadiana Region, for a
total of more than 120 new jobs in the area. Since day one of our
administration, business retention and expansion has been our top economic
priority. As the Lafayette Daily Advertiser
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c7807%7c9390%7c791501&
digest=FnVHWl%2bDHsUCiOXcjx0oyw&sysid=1> reported, CARBO could have
invested anywhere in the world, but they chose Louisiana because of our
strong workforce.

This job win is great news for Acadiana and our entire state, but we will
continue to aggressively pursue new business investment so that we can
create more jobs and all of our sons and daughters can pursue their dreams
right here at home.

This week also marks the beginning of hurricane season, which forecasters
say will be an above average year for storms. While we hope for the best,
it's critical that we prepare for the worst - and that's why we're urging
everyone to "Get A Game Plan" in order to protect you and your families
should a storm threaten our coast. We know it only takes one storm to
devastate a community, so please visit www.getagameplan.org
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c7808%7c9390%7c791501&
digest=yhKzZclKtEz2OwgLK%2f3G%2bg&sysid=1> right now to make a game plan
for you and your family.

Sincerely,

Governor Bobby Jindal