[StBernard] Stitch In Time Plans Spaghetti Fundraiser On June 15

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jun 6 07:41:56 EDT 2011

Stitch In Time Plans Spaghetti Fundraiser On June 15

POSTED: 2:15 pm CDT June 5, 2011
UPDATED: 4:55 pm CDT June 5, 2011
NEW ORLEANS -- Members of the homemaker's club Stitch in Time have formed a
volunteer effort to help flood victims of the Morganza Spillway.

St. Bernard Gives Back is rallying support of civic clubs, churches and
businesses to help disaster victims in need.
"Here in St. Bernard, we all know what it's like to be flooded and we all
thought it would be better to give back in some way personally to help the
people there since they were being sacrificed to help us," chairwoman Susan
Tedesco Ross said.

She said her effort has started some momentum.

"Hopefully, there won't be any disasters, but you know there's going be a
need out there somewhere and we might be able to fill some kind of gap,"
Tedesco Ross said.

The group plans a spaghetti dinner fundraiser between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. on
June 15, at the Ninth Grade Academy on West Judge Perez Drive in Chalmette.
For more information about St. Bernard Gives Back, call 504-494-1800.

Read more: http://www.wdsu.com/news/28137084/detail.html#ixzz1OUllApft