[StBernard] More Job Wins For Louisiana

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jun 18 11:49:19 EDT 2011

Dear Friends,

This week we announced two great economic development wins for Louisiana
that will help us retain and create hundreds of jobs for our people.

On Thursday, we traveled to Ponchatoula to announce that Elevating Boats
LLC, or EBI, is expanding its manufacturing facility to help produce new
equipment for the boat and oilfield industry. This expansion will retain 28
jobs and create at least 39 new direct jobs. Our economic development agency
estimates that the 39 new direct jobs will create another 46 jobs in the
Ponchatoula area.

Today, we traveled to Northwest Louisiana to announce that Libbey Glass will
be modernizing their manufacturing facility in Shreveport. Their
modernization project represents a $9 million capital investment that will
help retain more than 800 direct jobs, which support around 1,500 indirect
jobs in the Shreveport area. We've been working with Libbey Glass for the
past couple years to ensure we keep those jobs in Louisiana.

These job wins are certainly great news for Louisiana, but we will continue
to pursue new business investment and we are not going to rest until all of
our sons and daughters can pursue their dreams right here at home.

Sincerely,

Governor Bobby Jindal