[StBernard] #184 of 365 Ways to Drive a Liberal Crazy

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jul 4 01:29:52 EDT 2011

Anon: "Blacks were not enslaved because they were black but because they
were available. Slavery has existed in the world for thousands of years.
Whites enslaved other whites in Europe for centuries before the first black
was brought to the Western hemisphere. Asians enslaved Europeans. Asians
enslaved other Asians. Africans enslaved other Africans, and indeed even
today in North Africa, blacks continue to enslave blacks."-Thomas Sowell"

Jer Responds:

This is so true. And, if anyone has an "abomination" to grind away at, it's
those of Israel because they're still being enslaved to current humanity.

Also, every culture had been enslaved at some point or another. But, in
order to move on (not forget, but to move forward without using the pitiful
word, PROGRESS/PROGRESSIVE), people need not to draw attention to, live off
and/or profit from the reputation one cuddles towards because of the
notoriety, or take advantage of others on a "forever" basis.

We can liken the fact that we as "Katrinans" following the storm where we
expected others to give us something (even though at the time, it was
warranted because we lost it all and gratefully appreciated the "hand-up").
As time went on, we could no longer cling or "milk" that idea (AND others
drew weary to our plight as leechers or perhaps using the experience "a
little too long" to be effective in our getting support) as time evolved.

Likewise, slaves 235 years ago were a bit different, wouldn't you say than
the Negroes today who continue to bleed the government. Back then, nothing
was offered the wretched ancestors. However, to ride the backs of history to
stay in a "form of slavery today" in the guise of government owes us or
should continue to supplement income or are duly expecting reparations is
outrageous and wrong. For, if life is to continue with everyone living in
harmony as much as can be expected (no Utopia!!), then any one race needs
not to forever publicize slavery as a badge of honor and ride on an
ancestor's horror. For as Sowell noted, everyone has a history of
enslavement if genealogy is followed back far enough.

Today's enslavement is indeed economic or of hideous proportions of child
and ethnic slavery into other countries and the underground variety.

It's shameful no matter which culture is affected, but if just the Negro is
singled out, it's incorrect and must be corrected historically and
contemporarily. Leave the race card at the race track.

--jer--