[StBernard] More crime

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Jul 17 10:56:12 EDT 2011

Jer Responds:

I can recall mentioning during the Katrina days about the "trade-off"
resulting from the hoard of "handy-men" who make it across our "open
borders" from Mexico-S. America, many unchallenged in order to achieve a
work force needed during the storm.

The trade-off is that after construction/reconstruction periods, an enormous
number of them didn't wish to go back as "da good life" in America dazzled
them beyond what they experienced elsewhere. During that recovery period,
quite a few of the "cartel" and criminal intended wanted to get a firm and
quick footing into our communities. Their aim was to be in place prior to
many of the relocated had returned to be around for when their "clientele"
arrived back.

The drug trafficking continued (now 6 years back). And to make matters
worse, many were "drifters" and fugitives from their homeland. Others saw a
grand opportunity to make their fortunes. Then with this incentives, come
the sex crimes, the murders, the burglaries, other capital and misdemeanor
crimes which are featured in local papers. And that's a significant number
in addition to local's criminals already here. Some have "joined forces"
with these illegals and "green-card criminals" in each's quest for more
lucrative, easy-to-come-by" opportunities for wealth.

Crimes St. Bernard never experienced but 10 years ago. (or at best, was a
rare occurrence as many of us can attest to). It's now becoming common
place. So sad.

--jer--