[StBernard] Wayne Landry

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Aug 12 00:08:46 EDT 2011

I have to agree: “I do not see him as any different than our prior sheriffs who were in other positions when they ran for the office.”

And that’s the problem I have voting for him, because we have already experienced politically connected elected officials becoming chief tax collector.

Just as we finally moved from a police jury to a home rule charter, we should consider the sheriff as in charge of law enforcement and have the taxes collected by an administrative department. I also think the sheriff should not serve on a lot of boards and commissions, and instead be a full time sheriff.