[StBernard] Wayne Landry

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Aug 19 09:28:09 EDT 2011

SJK,

I do believe one of the original sparks was someone posting an endorsement
of Landry to the list. A few people voiced their opposition to Landry,
including me, which led to the discussion of his campaigns practice
regarding signs.

I totally agree with you, the placement of signs represents an endorsement.
Most people are too busy to follow the lives of others that don't personally
know, so any sign placed on Dean property would be seen as an endorsement by
Lynn Dean.

Yeah, I knew Lynn was staying in Houma after Katrina, but why would I pay
such close attention to his life to know if he moved back to Chalmette? I
don't have any business with EBI, so why would I pay such close attention as
to who was actually running the show?

I stated in a previous email, you cannot always trust that one generation
has the same level of trust as another.

I don't know Troy Dean from Adam and wouldn't be able to pick him out of a
line-up if my life depended on it.

Notice, that Wayne Landry got permission, i.e. an endorsement, from Troy
Dean not Lynn Dean. That makes a very big difference, one that even Wayne
Landry did not want to have spoken out loud.

The good news is that Barry Bernadas has confirmed he is running for
Sheriff. As the "never worked for the Sheriff" and "never been a politician"
candidate, he will appeal to a lot of tea party type voters. Four years ago,
Jack Stephens was afraid of Barry and had him disqualified on a residency
technicality. This go around the person to who should be scared is Wayne
Landry.

Without Barry in the race, Wayne is the only anti-sheriff candidate, but he
has no law enforcement background. Barry is also an anti-sheriff candidate,
but he has a law enforcement background.

I predict the run-off will be between Barry and Pohlmann.

As for the job fair, I can easily see Wayne Landry comingling the two. And
never trust a newspaper to get the complete story, especially on a fluff
piece like coverage of a job fair.

Westley