[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish Animal Services receives $8, 000 grant from the ASPCA

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Aug 26 08:50:52 EDT 2011

St. Bernard Parish Animal Services receives $8,000 grant from the ASPCA

St. Bernard Parish Animal Services in Violet announced that it has received
an $8,000 grant from the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to
Animals. The grant will provide St. Bernard Parish with a new on-site
storage building that will hold the shelter's supplies.

When the 7,500-square foot facility was originally built, all practical
space was used primarily for the housing of the animals in St. Bernard
Parish's care. Currently, the only space for supply storage is a 5-foot by
2-foot closet and a metal container located at the old shelter. The new
building will be a much needed addition for the storage of many items
including evacuation kennels, cages, and various supplies.

"The ASPCA has contributed over $100,000 over the past three years to help
with the rebuilding of St. Bernard Parish Animal Services. We are thankful
for their support of this project, and for making it possible to better the
lives of our four-legged citizens during their stay with us," St. Bernard
Parish Animal Services Director Beth Brewster said.

St. Bernard Parish President Craig P. Taffaro, Jr. said, "We appreciate the
generous partnership with the ASPCA that has significantly helped the
recovery of our Animal Services Department."

For more information on how you can help St. Bernard Parish Animal Services,
visit www.sbpg.net.

###