[StBernard] St. Bernard Elections

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Aug 28 12:00:59 EDT 2011

I think its a valid question. I have also heard and have been under the
impresssion that if elected, the sheriff would be on the Meraux Foundation.
So anything towards clarity on this issue would be appreciated.

Does the sheriff become a member of the Meraux Foundation ? Two of the
sheriff candidates (Pohlman and Landry) already serve on numerous
committees. Will that continue? Another candidate (Clark) states he wants
to be a full time sheriff and not serve on all these committees. How many
voters want the Sheriff on the HSD? Is that too much control from one
office? Maybe the question to candidates should be, If elected, would you
seek to serve on the Meraux Foundation? or IF offered a membership, would
you accept and become a member of the Meraux Foundation?

---- SJK