[StBernard] It's Working

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 23 17:22:17 EDT 2011

Friends -

New national figures that came out this week make our case clear: our work
in prioritizing job creation and creating an economic environment where
businesses want to invest in Louisiana is paying off.

The Louisiana Workforce Commission announced just this week that for 11
straight months our state has added private sector jobs. Our unemployment
rate also fell for the 3rd consecutive month and continues to be well below
the national and Southern averages.

<http://images.publicaster.com/ImageLibrary/account848/images/20110922.jpg>
We also learned this week that after more than two decades of more people
moving out of Louisiana, than moving in - for the past four years in a row,
more people are moving into Louisiana than moving out. That's a huge
turnaround for not only our economy, but also the perception of our state to
the country. Folks all across the nation are beginning to learn what we in
the state already knew - we are making Louisiana one of the best places in
the world to raise a family and pursue a rewarding career.

We also received more good news that Area Development
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c8609%7c9390%7c791501&
digest=WzsQK4chduZXVxck0SPbxQ&sysid=1> magazine ranked Louisiana among the
top in the nation for our economic strength, including #3 for states leading
the economic recovery, #4 for states with the best overall business
environment and #4 for best workforce development programs. Overall, the
magazine dubbed Louisiana the sixth best state in the country for Top States
for Doing Business.

The verdict is in. Business leaders across the country are taking notice of
the important work we've done to cut taxes, make government more efficient
and effective, and provide innovative workforce training solutions so that
our workers are ready on Day #1 on the job. We have more work to do, but our
reforms to grow our economy and create more jobs are WORKING.

Sincerely,
Governor Bobby Jindal