[StBernard] More "kook" rumors on Ray Garofalo

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Oct 7 01:22:48 EDT 2011

John: Wouldn't that literally take an act of the lege to do so? They are
covered under state retirement programs for fire and police aren't they? It
would take more than Ray to try to get that done.

It never ceases to amaze me. It used to be a political candidate's
words
would get twisted around by his opponents to make him look bad, but
no
longer. Today, candidates have become impatient and no longer wait
to see
what their opponent says - they just "make stuff up" and claim their
opponent said it.

The latest "bs" is Ray Garofalo is going to raise the retirement age
of
firemen and deputies. Absurd! The joke of this is the subject of
retirement age for public employees has "never" been talked about by
Ray nor
has anyone come up to him to ask about the same subject. But yet,
two
firemen with the St. Bernard Parish Fire Department, who are good
friends of
Ray AND voting for him, called to let him know this was the rumor
going
around. Naturally, they let us know this was specifically coming
from the
union candidate's campaign in the race - and that figures! We've
checked
around with other members of the both the fire department and
sheriff's
office, and they confirmed the rumor attempt was true. But hey -
if the
lie is to scare someone into voting for ya, then no problem, right?