[StBernard] Mike Bayham - Taking Credit Where None is Due

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Oct 7 07:15:08 EDT 2011

I can tell you for a fact Mike was not there. I believe Fox 8 was only ones
who covered it, which was disappointing when you consider we had most of our
Congressional delegation in attendance, along with many state legislators,
the Corps and most state and fed agencies. How often do you see that? But
it was a Saturday and this just wasn't sexy enough at the time for the news
stations to cover.

Strange that this sticks in my mind, but I can recall Junior making a
comment to everyone in attendance regarding the poor news coverage saying
"I'll bet if a damn hurricane came through the MRGO and drowned our asses,
then the news media would be out here." Looking back, Juniors words turned
out to be phrophecy.

John Scurich