[StBernard] Our Highest Ranking Ever

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 2 15:05:41 EDT 2011

Dear Friends -

This week we received more good news about our state's economic climate.
Site Selection
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c8879%7c9390%7c791501&
digest=15Ee4I6CRvPDsmjwbJcQ%2fg&sysid=1> magazine ranked Louisiana the #7
business climate in the country.

Last year we were #9, and the year before that #25. Not only is this
ranking proof of our continued progress, but it is the highest ranking
Louisiana has ever received for our business climate by Site Selection
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c8870%7c9390%7c791501&
digest=QbzSb4qUh0xzAMSMvRUnag&sysid=1> magazine.

Site Selection also ranked Louisiana as the most improved state for business
climate when we jumped from #25 to #9 in 2010.

<http://images.publicaster.com/ImageLibrary/account848/images/2011-11-2_emai
l.jpg> By cutting taxes, revamping our workforce development system and
strengthening our ethics laws, we have transformed the business climate in
Louisiana. Companies across the world are taking notice and coming here to
invest and create thousands of jobs for our people.

This latest ranking comes on the heels of more good economic news that shows
our unemployment rate is at its lowest point in about two years and for the
third month in a row, the unemployment rate has dropped in every single
major metro area across Louisiana.

We have also had 12 consecutive months of private sector job growth and
recently, Louisiana ranked third in the country for jobs created.

These statistics are good news, but as Louisianians, we never settle for
second best. That's why we will not rest until we are the number one place
in the country for businesses to grow, succeed and create jobs here.

Sincerely,

Governor Bobby Jindal