[StBernard] Dana Arcement - Endorsement of Peter Rupp

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 2 15:08:24 EDT 2011

Dear Fellow N.O.W. Members and Neighbors,

I am happy to publicly endorse Peter Rupp for Councilman, District "A." I
have personally met with Mr. Rupp and have extensively interviewed him on
various matters affecting District "A," most importantly, the Provident
Realty apartments. I presented numerous questions to Mr. Rupp and asked him
to answer my questions as if he were already on the Council. I am
comfortable with Mr. Rupp's answers and feel he will represent the citizens
of District "A" well by putting the citizens' best interests above his own
political best interests. I specifically reminded Mr. Rupp of the
unfortunate position, not only District "A," but the entire parish, is in,
because of the whole apartment "back room" deal made between our current
"so-called" representatives early on, and reminded him of the many
devastating, unfair judgments handed down to the parish, and its citizens,
by Judge Berrigan, and the devastating affects of those judgments and how
they will forever be attached to St. Bernard Parish and its citizens.

I also stressed to Mr. Rupp how important it is that he treat "everyone"
fairly and professionally, and that he specifically NOT put the best
interests of the Meraux Foundation, Provident Realty, and the Torres Family
above the best interests of any other group, foundation, company, family or
individual. I explained to Mr. Rupp that the citizens of District "A"
expect to have their best interests take precedence and be priority, as a
whole, above anything or anyone else's best interests. I expressed to Mr.
Rupp that we expect him to consult with US, HIS CONSTITUENTS, before
entering into any agreements and/or voting on matters that affect US, HIS
CONSTITUENTS, and Mr. Rupp has agreed to do just that. Mr. Rupp explained
how he plans to develop an interactive website that will include issues
relative to District "A" so that the citizens of District "A" can be
directly informed and involved with decisions that need to be made that will
affect their neighborhoods.

Considering all that District "A" has been through, over the past four
years, both good and bad, it is my opinion that it is time for new
leadership in District "A." That is why I ask you to join me in supporting
Peter Rupp with your vote in the upcoming runoff election on Saturday,
November 19th.

I thank you all for your past, present and continued support of our N.O.W.
citizens group. We do have voices, and they will be heard.

Sincerely,

Dana Arcement, Founder
N.O.W. (Network of Women)