[StBernard] Thank a Hero

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 9 21:38:04 EST 2011

Dear Friends -

All of us owe a debt of gratitude to those who have fought to defend our
nation and our liberties. Although we shouldn't have to wait for a specific
holiday to salute those who have fought to protect our freedoms, as we
approach Veterans Day this Friday, it is all the more appropriate to thank a
friend or family member who served our state and our nation in the Armed
Forces.

We know that our freedoms are not free, and from the Revolutionary War to
today, brave young men and women have risked life and limb in defense of
liberty. Let us remember the fallen heroes that made the ultimate
sacrifice, thank those who have returned home, and pray for the safe return
of servicemen and servicewoman protecting us today.

Let us also never forget the sacrifices made by the families of our veterans
and those actively serving. I've had the honor to attend homecomings when
our men and women are reunited with their friends and family, and I'm always
amazed by what these families endure while their loved one is away.

<http://images.publicaster.com/ImageLibrary/account848/images/2011-11-9_emai
l.jpg> Every day, but especially this Friday, our veterans deserve our
deepest thanks and upmost respect for their service. While most people run
from danger, our men and women in uniform have run towards danger to keep
our nation safe. Their stories of bravery are incredible, inspiring,
emotional and powerful - a history in and of themselves that we and future
generations must hold on to, learn from, and cherish.

The living history for our country is told through our veterans, and they
are all around us in our businesses, churches, parks and homes. Find those
who have served, shake their hands, and offer them your heartfelt
appreciation for their courage and sacrifice. Their commitment, in times of
war and peace alike, to put their lives on hold and serve our nation
deserves our thanks today, on Veterans Day, and every other day.

Find a hero, thank a hero. That's what Veterans Day is all about.

Sincerely,

Governor Bobby Jindal