[StBernard] St. Bernard voters sweep out familiar faces

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Nov 22 08:29:42 EST 2011

Oh I think Lena lost not only because of the apts, but the arrest bonds deal
didn't help, nor the supposed fact of Sidney's underpaying court costs.

On Craig: someone on nola.com analyzed the voting by precincts and found
that Peralta got more votes the further "down the road" you went . BP work
being doled out to favorites? Then looking at his campaign reports I don't
think people were fond of seeing all of those out of state contributions
either. Also, don't forget Craig's involvement in the Provident deal in the
beginning. Didn't help him to see his testimony in black and white.

I think Landry may have been hurt more by the bar video than he thought,
although Lord knows he wasn't the first and won't be the last married man to
be found playing around.

I don't think it had anything to do with losing traditional
families. It had
a lot to do with changing the old guard.

In my not so humble opinion, Lena lost primarily because of the
Provident
Apartments followed by a lot of folks thinking 70 years is long
enough and
it was time for her to retire.

Wayne Landry lost to Pohlmann because of the impression he is just a
political gold digger.

Craig Taffaro lost because of his micro-managing style.

Westley