[StBernard] Richard A. Clements Elected Secretary/Assistant Treasurer of National Association of Professional Insurance Agents (PIA)

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Dec 4 13:41:44 EST 2011

Richard A. Clements Elected Secretary/Assistant Treasurer of National
Association of Professional Insurance Agents (PIA)
Targeted News Service
WASHINGTON, Nov. 26 -- The National Association of Professional Insurance
Agents issued the following news release:

Richard "Richie" Clements of Chalmette, Louisiana has been elected
Secretary/Assistant Treasurer of the National Association of Professional
Insurance Agents (PIA National).

"It is a distinct honor and I am truly humbled to be chosen by my peers to
serve," said Clements, who took his oath of office during PIA's annual
meeting, which was held in San Francisco. "The PIA is a vital asset to every
independent insurance agent, both here in Louisiana and across the country.
I hope to live up to the confidence expressed in me as I work to assure that
PIA remains strong everywhere, for many years to come."

An insurance agency owner since 1978, Richie founded Clements Insurance
Services following the devastation by Hurricane Katrina in 2005 to St.
Bernard Parish and the New Orleans area in order to serve his many clients
directly and more effectively. In May of 2006, Clements Insurance opened its
doors in St. Bernard Parish at the current location in Chalmette, Louisiana.

Clements is past president of PIA of Louisiana and PIA of New Orleans and he
represents Louisiana on the association's national board of directors, where
he is a member of the Executive and Government Affairs committees. In
addition, Richie is PIA National's representative to the National Flood
Insurance Program (NFIP) and the Flood Insurance Producers National
Committee (FIPNC), and is vice chair of the PIA National Natural Catastrophe
Working Group.

In addition to being a leader of PIA, Clements is a member of the Society of
Certified Insurance Counselors (CIC), the Louisiana Surplus Lines
Association (LSLA) and serves on the Board of the local Chamber of Commerce.
He is the past Vice-Chairman of the Louisiana Property & Casualty Insurance
Commission and sits on the Agent Advisory Council for the Commissioner of
Insurance of Louisiana.

Clements was educated at Nicholls State University. Active in the community,
he is also a member of Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity and the Krewe of Thoth.
Richie is still deeply in love with his wife Charmaine Clements, and is the
elated father of Alison (married to Andrew), David (engaged to Rachael) and
Timothy (engaged to Melinda).