[StBernard] Note from Walter: Bob Hope Christmas with the troops

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Dec 4 13:54:17 EST 2011

Note from Walter:

Here's a Christmas present for everyone who admired and loved Bob
Hope. This video showing Bob with our troops at Christmastime over many
years has received over 1,088,000 hits, so chances are you have seen it
before, as i have.

I grew up listening to Bob Hope on radio, then seeing all his movies
and Road Shows with Bing Crosby and Dorothy Lamour, then live on stage a
few times, and finally his weekly TV shows. I once had his sidekick Jerry
Cologna assist me in my comedy Head Chopper routine on stage, and Jerry told
me in the dressing room great stories of Mr.Hope. Bob Hope would have been
my first choice to work with if I ever had the chance, but that would be a
dream that surely couldn't come true.

But sometimes dreams do come true, often at Chrismastime. One day
In December I got a call from my agent in Los Angeles and he booked me to
open for Bob Hope two nights in the huge Shriner Auditorium for the Shriner
Bob Hope Christmas Show, with 5000 packed seats each night. What a thrill
that was. This time in the dressing room I got to hear Bob Hope stories from
the man himself. He was so down to earth, and such a kind and friendly
gentleman. He was a great, great American in my opinion.

I have watched this video maybe a dozen times, and still I get tears
in my eyes. Click, or copy and paste. Have a Kleenex handy.

And Merry Christmas to all. Walter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-HeETwJSUc

Walter Blaney
walter at walterblaney.com

3603 Spring Arbor Way, Kingwood, TX 77345
Phone: 281 360 8014 Fax: 281 360 0472
Banquet Show Website: http://www.walterblaney.com
<http://www.walterblaney.com/>
Illusion Website: http://www.walterblaney.com/illusions