[StBernard] Court Sides with Sex Predators

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Feb 19 22:53:30 EST 2012

As the father of three young kids, I've made it a top priority to crack down
on sexual predators. We've passed tough new laws and given law enforcement
officials the tools they need to root out these monsters and make our
communities safer for our children.

Last year, I signed a new law to prevent sex predators from using social
networking sites to search for their next victim. We don't want sex
offenders near our schools or playgrounds and we shouldn't allow them to
access a virtual playground where our children congregate.

Not surprisingly, the ACLU decided to defend sex predators and took us to
court.

Then yesterday, a judge just recently appointed by Barack Obama struck down
a law we passed to prohibit sex predators from using social networks like
Facebook.

I find this ruling offensive. The idea that a Court would put the rights of
sex predators ahead of the safety of innocent children is deplorable.

Louisiana families should have comfort knowing that their children can go
online without sex predators lurking at every turn, and I will do everything
in my power to give parents that comfort and protect our children.

We will appeal this decision and bring legislation to strengthen this law.

As long as I am Governor we will continue to work to catch, prosecute, and
punish the monsters that prey on innocent children.

-Bobby