[StBernard] Parish didn't want apartments, but renters do

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Feb 19 23:01:50 EST 2012

Free utilities?

These people will contribute *nothing* to the parish. They won't have $$s
to spend and contribute to the economy.

a resident told me she and her husband are moving into a one bedroom
at parc
place for $170 a month and utilities paid. there is a need for
housing, but
as a parish we will not be financially sound if our entire
repopulation/redevelopment is at or below the poverty level. we
need to
construct new single family homes, preserve the residential zoning
(R1) in
our neighborhoods, and increase our tax base, or otherwise we will
not even
be able to afford the utilities and insurance on all the buildings
built in
the "recovery", including all our schools, the new huge building at
val
reiss park, the hannan sports center, etc. ------------ SJK