[StBernard] Republican Presidential Candidates Set to Campaign in Louisiana

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Mar 12 07:53:07 EDT 2012

Early voting for the Louisiana Republican Primary is underway and the Republican candidates are preparing to visit the state in preparation for the March 24 primary.

"Louisiana is in position to have a great impact in the Republican nomination battle," said Republican Party of Louisiana Chairman Roger Villere, Jr. "I'm thrilled that many Louisiana voters will have the opportunity to see the Republican field of candidates in person. I'm confident that Louisiana will pick the right candidate who stands for conservative principles and will beat Barack Obama this fall."

On Tuesday, March 13, Rick Santorum will hold a fundraiser and public rally at the Lafayette Hilton. The campaign rally begins at 7 p.m. and is open to the public. For details on the fundraiser, please email melissaf at doreenergy.com. The Santorum campaign is planning to hold additional events in Louisiana prior to the March 24 primary. For more information about the Santorum campaign contact Gary Brown at gary.brown at ricksantorum.com

Newt Gingrich is scheduled to be in Louisiana March 21st through 24th, including a fundraiser in Baton Rouge on Thursday, March 22. For more information please contact Charlie Buckels at charlie at newt.org.

Scott Sewell with the Romney campaign has verified that Mitt Romney will be in the state this month, but details will be forthcoming. Contact Scott Sewell for any questions or information on the Romney campaign at sewell504 at gmail.com.

As of this release, Ron Paul does not have a scheduled visit to Louisiana. Contact Charlie Davis with any questions about the Ron Paul campaign at charlied at ronpaul2012.com.

As more information becomes available, we will be posting it on lagop.com <http://lagop.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=81f80dfae08a15f3629eabdeb&id=3a567c01ca&e=6a30004df9> , facebook <http://lagop.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=81f80dfae08a15f3629eabdeb&id=7572a5bf13&e=6a30004df9> and twitter.