[StBernard] St. Bernard Parish government staff has grown to an unsustainable size

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jun 19 08:09:33 EDT 2012

>"We don't want to cut services. We want to expand public services

Really? What type of services do you want to expand Jerry and Dave?

Maybe you ought to get some input from residents before you start adding
things.

And instead of a fee increase for water/sewer for this and another fee
increase for that, see how much you could increase revenue by raising the
sales tax a penny, **after you have cut as many things as possible first**.
I know that a sales tax is the most regressive type of tax possible, but
that way **everyone**, including renters pay their fair share.

>to instituting fees for road lighting, fire services

Aren't these services already covered by the millage that folks pay?

>to establish a franchise agreement with Entergy that, in return for

>cheaper rates, would give the company exclusive rights as the parish's

>utility provider and allow it to use parish property as needed for

>infrastructure.

Are you talking about the parish govt's sole energy provider? I didn't
realize there was a choice in an electrical utility. You mean we could get
electricity from Alabama Power
instead of Entergy? And use *what* parish property for **what**
infrastructure?
Sounds suspicious to me.