[StBernard] More Jobs

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Sep 13 20:57:05 EDT 2012

Dear Friends -

On Wednesday, we announced that Forum Energy is expected to bring 125 new
jobs to Acadiana. As the Associated Press
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c9419%7c9390%7c791501&
digest=TxHOjlU0FukPhye9v6UHtQ&sysid=1> reported, the $19 million capital
investment includes "a new 150,000-square-foot facility.to produce onshore
and offshore drilling equipment for global customers."

As I told the Daily Iberian
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c9410%7c9390%7c791501&
digest=%2b8io8OUylvkiHgNIMJ2DdQ&sysid=1> , Forum Energy is one of many
energy companies investing in Louisiana because of our world-class energy
infrastructure, strong business climate and incomparable workforce.

Forum Energy's investment will help retain 203 existing jobs, and in
addition to 125 new jobs at the facility, this project will result in the
creation of 300 indirect jobs in the surrounding community. KADN
<http://cl.publicaster.com/ClickThru.aspx?pubids=393%7c9411%7c9390%7c791501&
digest=BycJUXRLsudu0fMI%2f8EDPA&sysid=1> was right to call this
announcement "good news for Acadiana" and it's great news for our state that
existing Louisiana businesses are continuing to invest in our state so there
are more job opportunities for our people.

Forum Energy is just one of a growing number of companies that are investing
in Louisiana. In just the past couple of months, we've announced big jobs
wins at Camp Minden and in Geismar, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Ruston, and
Lafayette - and we are continuing our efforts to ensure that Louisiana is
the very best place in the world to start a business, operate a business,
and grow a business. Each of these jobs wins, and the ones that follow,
will create more and more opportunities for our workers so that they can
stay in Louisiana and raise their families here.

I continue to hear from business leaders that the steps our state has taken
to foster a strong business climate are paying off. We cut taxes for jobs
creators, returned more tax dollars to families, overhauled our ethics laws,
and aligned our revamped workforce development programs. The bottom line is
that business leaders are taking notice, and if they haven't taken notice
yet, they are likely to read about Louisiana's progress in the next set of
rankings that places us among the top states for doing business.

Sincerely,

Governor Bobby Jindal