[StBernard] Suit against St. Bernard Parish alleges $32 fee for Fire Department is unconstitutional

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Sep 23 17:30:13 EDT 2012

ok, thanks. And does anyone know more about the grant for the fire
department: if there is a timeline on the grant status for the fire
department? when the grant funds would be received if we get it? -=- SJK
________________________________

What's the plan if the millage does not pass?-=- SJK

They have a fall-back "just in case" position here I believe.

In other business, the council approved a resolution allowing the
parish to
take out a $5 million bond that parish Finance Director Beverly B.
Gariepy
said is only out of "an abundance of caution" in case sales tax
revenue in
the coming months declines further than expected and expenses cannot
be cut
any more.