[StBernard] CHRISTMAS IS COMING

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Nov 25 21:50:31 EST 2012

I agree that Jesus Christ is the reason for the Advent and Christmas
Seasons, but I also believe in religious freedom and separation of state and
church. There are many fall and winter holidays observed in various
religions, including Muharram and Hanukkah. Observation of one over the
other should not be forced upon school children. Some events in our
community include the Chalmette High School's Christmas Gala "Holiday
Variety Show" December 13th and 14th and the St. Bernard Community
Foundation's Christmas Character Party in Torres Park on December 1st.