[StBernard] CHRISTMAS IS COMING

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Nov 25 22:02:28 EST 2012

Calling it the Christmas season or wishing anyone a Merry Christmas is not
the state imposing a religion.

Many people seem to forget the second part of the First Amendment's clause
about religion, which is "prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

It is funny how everyone always get "offended" by someone proclaiming a
religious view, but let someone religious get offended by some of the
obscene stuff we are exposed to in the stores or entertainment and all of a
sudden it becomes a free speech issue, also covered in the First Amendment.
I like to think our Founding Father's listed freedom of religion first,
because it is more important than freedom of speech.

Westley