[StBernard] opposition to zoning request - will it set a precedent? accessory building fm 1428 sf to 2670 sf - Jean Lafitte BVS

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Dec 12 19:27:35 EST 2012

FYI - A resident in Buccaneer Villa South at 2201 Jean Lafitte has requested
a zoning adjustment to build an "accessory" building of 2670 SF on his
adjoining lot as opposed to the allowed 1428 sf - almost double the allowed
size. The structure would have two double garage doors facing the street
with vinyl siding finish - another garage door will be at the back.

Our concern is that this may look more like a commercial use structure than
residential. If approved in present state, we wonder if it may set a
precedent for similar "accessory" structures in the parish. This is not a
"lot next door".

While we welcome all new residents and improvements, we believe this will
not fit in with the area.

If any of you would like to attend, the Board of Zoning Adjustments will
meet on this matter again on Wed, Dec 19 at 5:30pm in Council chambers or
email an objection to sjones at sbpg.net
-----------------------------

Below is a an email opposition I recently sent to the Board of Zoning
Adjustments

V-2012-016 2201 Jean Lafitte Pkwy - zoning variance

Ms. Jones,

Thank for you speaking with me this afternoon.

This letter will serve as my formal opposition to the above variance request
for 2201 Jean Lafitte Pkwy.

I feel that the size of the "accessory" structure (2670 sf) as planned --
versus the allowed 1428 sf for Lot Next Door structures is excessive and
would be detrimental to the aesthetics of our neighborhood on Jean Lafitte
Pkwy in Buccaneer Villa South.

I also feel that allowing such a variance will only set a precedent for
future structures and I do not feel it is in the best interest of future
community development for our parish and also the Lot Next Door guidelines
to allow large structures such as this one to be constructed.

DEBBY ROSENBERGER
2513 JEAN LAFITTE PKWY
CHALMETTE LA 70043
504 494 1184 <tel:504%20494%201184>

PLEASE - Don't BREED OR BUY
WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!

People will forget what you SAID; People will forget what you DID; BUT they
will never forget how you made them feel.